Thomas A. Pitta
Thomas A. Pitta is a Partner in the firm’s Banking and Finance Department and focuses his practice on the representation of indenture trustees, institutional lenders and other creditors in connection with chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings and international insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Tom practiced with a large New York firm and has extensive experience representing creditors, creditors’ committees and debtors in connection with chapter 11 bankruptcies and out-of-court restructurings.
- Representation of the indenture trustee for the North Atlantic Drilling Limited unsecured notes as the chairperson of the Official Creditors Committee in the chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Seadrill Limited.
- Representation of the indenture trustee for the unsecured notes in the chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Toys R Us, Inc.
- Representation of the second lien notes indenture trustee in the Quicksilver Resources chapter 11 case.
- Representation of the indenture trustees for trust preferred securities in numerous Chapter 11 cases involving bank and insurance holding companies.
- Representation of the indenture trustee for the ACR Energy facility municipal bonds in connection with the Chapter 11 case of Revel AC, Inc.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of numerous not-for-profit issuers of municipal bonds.
- Representation of a large regional bank in connection with workouts and bankruptcy cases.
- Service as liquidating trustee under chapter 11 plans of a major frozen food manufacturer and aluminum fabricator.
- Representation of network service provider in connection with its Chapter 11 case.
- Representation of a not-for-profit substance abuse rehabilitation group in its successful Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Representation of the official committee of unsecured creditors of a prominent multi-channel retail company in connection with its reorganization through Chapter 11.
- Representation of a privately held discount apparel retailer in connection with its acquisition of a competitor out of its Chapter 11 case.