Thomas A. Pitta
Thomas A. Pitta is a Partner in the firm’s Banking and Finance Department. Tom joined the firm in April 2013. Tom focuses his practice on the representation of indenture trustees, institutional lenders and other creditors in connection with Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings and international insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Tom practiced with a large New York firm and has extensive experience representing creditors, creditors’ committees and debtors in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcies and out-of-court restructurings.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with an attempt by personal injury litigants to enforce a judgment against the sovereign state borrower.
- Representation of indenture trustees for trust preferred securities in numerous Chapter 11 cases involving bank holding companies.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the Chapter 11 case of Revel AC, Inc.
- Representation of network service provider in connection with its Chapter 11 case.
- Representation of a not-for-profit substance abuse rehabilitation group in its successful Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Representation of the official committee of unsecured creditors of a prominent multi-channel retail company in connection with its reorganization through Chapter 11.
- Representation of a privately held discount apparel retailer in connection with its acquisition of a competitor out of its Chapter 11 case.