Robert Scott Edmonds
Mr. Edmonds' practice largely centers around sophisticated estate, business and charitable planning for individual clients. He also advises individual and corporate clients with respect to their discretionary and investment responsibilities while serving in a fiduciary capacity. Mr. Edmonds also has extensive experience in the not-for-profit area having created and tax-qualified numerous charitable organizations and having served as an advisor and/or board member for many such organizations.
- Creation of a Qualified Personal Residence Trust funded with a fractional share of current ownership interest to further leverage gift tax advantages.
- Advising client with respect to implementing a conservation easement on historical property.
- Reformation of an old trust agreement with charitable remaindermen to obtain a percentage payout from certain trust assets for individual lifetime beneficiary.
- Creation of not-for-profit entity to establish a professional golf tournament.
- Implementation of a GRAT program funded with a family's limited partnership interests to maximize gift tax benefits.
- Structuring an entity for family participation in their foreign real estate holdings.
- Creating trusts and foundations to deal with a family's significant art work collection in perpetuity.