Richard S. Lasker
Richard Lasker joined Emmet in June, 2006, after having worked for 25 years at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, LLP, as its lead corporate trust attorney. Prior to joining Cravath in 1981, Mr. Lasker practiced in the corporate trust area for five years at Shearman & Sterling. During his career, Mr. Lasker has represented practically every major New York bank as corporate trust counsel. He has represented banks as trustee, fiscal agent, issuing agent, collateral agent, security trustee, property trustee, exchange agent, calculation agent, registrar and paying agent and has extensive experience in corporate finance, domestic and international secured and unsecured debt transactions, domestic and international debt restructuring, including sovereign debt restructuring, structured finance, municipal finance, collateral agencies, project finance, Trust Indenture Act and exempt transactions, aircraft and ship financings, equity unit transactions, trust preferred transactions, consent solicitations, tender offers and exchange offers.
- Representation of an exchange agent and an indenture trustee in connection with an Argentine debt restructuring.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with a debt restructuring for Belize.
- Representation of a security trustee in connection with the transfer of 216 aircraft owned by a major airline in connection with the divestiture of this airline by its parent company.
- Representation of an indenture trustee and a purchase contract agent in connection with the financing of the purchase by a major American insurance company of a Japanese insurance company.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the exchange by a money center bank of securities owned by the United States Treasury.
- Representation of indenture trustees in connection with secured and unsecured financings by American electric and gas utilities and pipeline companies.
- Representation of collateral agents in connection with project financings for solar power, wind power and biomass facilities.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with a financing relating to the spin-off of a major American ship building company.