Mordecai Geisler focuses on commercial litigation and bankruptcy litigation, with broad experience in federal and state court and in arbitration. He has represented a wide range of clients in various matters including complex contract disputes, securities litigation and debtor and creditor rights.
Prior to joining Emmet, Mordecai was an associate with King & Spalding LLP.
- Representation of an international oil and gas company in arbitration and in state and federal courts in connection with breach of contract and related fraud claims.
- Representation of commercial banks and other financial institutions in commercial and high-end residential real estate foreclosure actions in New York and New Jersey totaling in excess of $50 million.
- Representation of banks in bankruptcy court as creditors and trustees.
- Defense of a Big Four accounting firm in a consolidated federal securities class action.
- Representation of a global auto parts manufacturer in arbitration against its joint venture partner for breach of contract and related claims.
- Defense of a loan servicing company in a federal securities and common law fraud action.